P'n'G Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:20:55 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Links Staff List Login Register  

PLEASE READ- FORUM RULES

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: PLEASE READ- FORUM RULES  (Read 790 times)
Tom
The Artist
Administrator
Arch Mage

Pie

View Profile WWW
« on: July 05, 2007, 04:50:42 am »

Welcome To P'n'G Forums!

On the behalf of myself (Tom Shaer) and Ethan Sapler, I would like to welcome you to P'n'G Forums!
We want you to enjoy your stay here, to make sure this is possible for everyone that comes by, we've made some rules and guidelines that would be useful to follow.
If you are new, please continue reading, and if you're a regular, make sure you pass by here every now and again, as we may change some rules.

Administrators:

There are only two Admins on this Forum, myself and Ethan. We get the final say on what goes on in the Forum and
how it's managed.
All rules and guidelines are made by us, so please follow them. Tongue
Admins are easy to spot by 6 red stars above their profile pic when they post

Global Moderators:

Global Moderators are picked by me and Ethan, to make sure everything runs smoothly, They're basictly like police, making sure people are being nice.  Grin
Please note that Global Moderators are also here to participate in discussions, but make sure you do as they say.
If you have a problems with anyone, report them, either a Global Mod, or an Admin and it'll be taken care of.
If you have a problems With a Global Mod, PM me or Ethan about it.
Global mods have 6 blue stars above their profile pic.

Moderators:

Moderators are people who lead only one board. So effectivly, they are like Global Mods but only for that particular board, on any other board, they are the same as any other poster.
Mods Have 6 green stars above their profile pic when they post.

Reporting:

If you think that someone has posted something that is inappropriate, or goes against any of the rules listed further down, then please please report them. To do this, click the "Report To Moderator" button at the bottom of their post and a Global Mod or Admin will sort it out.

Actions:

When reported, there are a number of different actions a Global Mod, or an Admin can take, deppending on how serious we think it is, From a friendly warning, to a permanent ban. Please note, that we really, really, don't like banning people, so please don't make us.

Important, Mods read: Before Banning anyone, please make sure you let either me or Ethan know about it and what they have done wrong, so that we can decide wether or not to go ahead with it.

There are other actions Global Mods can take, if the person hasn't been reported, and feels it's not very serious.
A Mod can edit a persons post or "[snip]" a section of someone's post if they think it is inapropriate.
They can also close, lock, and move threads to other boards for various different reasons.

Posting a thread:
When you post a thread, please make sure that the title is in a normal font and colour and IS NOT IN CAPITAL LETTERS.
This also goes for for posting the body. You can still post some parts in capitals if you want to make something stand out more, but if everything is in capitals it can make reading it very fustrating.

Posting pictures and screen stretching:

When you post an image, please consider the size of it, if it seems too big and looks like it's going to stretch the screen too much, please edit it and make it smaller.
This also goes for other things that may stretch the screen... in other words, don't do it.

Basic Rules:

Talking with numbers: This means using numbers in words instead of some letters. For example; "H3770, m4 n4m3 15 T0m" instead of; " Hello, My name is Tom", This is generally against the rules, unless it's used in very small amounts, or your quoting, or just messing around, ie; telling a joke or making humor.

Inapropriate Language: Swearing directly at someone else on the forum is against the rules. Racism or generaly talking negatively about someone else on the forum, is also against the rules (depending on the circumstance). It's okay to use some swearing when generaly talking as long as it's not directed at someone else on the Forum and is used approprietly.

Posting Images: If you have an image that you would like to post but is too big and will stretch the screen too much, please either edit it before posting and make it smaller, or just post a link to the picture instead.
Also, please do not post any inappropriate Images, including nudity or racism, or anything else of that nature.
If it’s nudity for artistic purposes, (such as a painting or drawing) please link it and mark it as “NSFW”. (No Safe For Work)

Spamming: Spamming is when you repeatedly post the same message, or many nonsensical messages in a thread, this is against the rules. Accidental doubble posting is very common in Forums, if you see it, please just ignore it and carry on posting, if you are the person that has done it, please let a Global Mod or an Admin know. If you see a topic that has been double posted for some time, but nothings been done, please let a Global Mod or an Admon know.

Trolling: Trolling is when someone posts messages that are written specificly to enrage or insult other members of the forum for no particular reason. As with spamming if this is seen, it should be reported to a Mod or Admin.

Ignoring a Mod: Do as the mods tell you to do, if you have a problem, PM me or Ethan, and we'll get involved.

Impersonating a Mod: Don't pretend to be a Moderator or a Global Modorater. Remember that a Mod will never ask for your password.
If a Moderator or an Administrator Modifies your post, don't try to edit it again, this is against the also rules. -.-

Concerns:

If you have any other questions or concerns about the rules or anything else, feel free to PM and Admin or a Global Mod and explain your issue.
If you need to send us an email for any reason, mine and ethan's email add's are on the home page of the P'n'G site (www.png.thewebcomic.com) and is also on our profiles.  Smiley

Conclusion:

Follow these and you shall know gravy!
And yeah, just have fun! ... ish  Grin

Staff List:

Administrators:                 

-Tom                                                         
-Ethan

Global Moderators:

-Sampies

Moderators:

« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 11:13:04 am by Tom » Report Spam   Logged

Pancakes taste like well seasoned DVD cases.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Memnarch
Begginer Mage

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2008, 10:36:49 am »

Ok, I'm here (for now), what else should I do?
Report Spam   Logged
Tom
The Artist
Administrator
Arch Mage

Pie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2008, 10:51:18 am »

Post. Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

Pancakes taste like well seasoned DVD cases.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
MySMF - Create your own Forum